Saturday, December 11, 2010

Moving again

We are moving again. Crazy? Our current place isn't a good fit. The neighborhood is marginal. The residents in other units keep diametric hours. We have lovely friends that own a beautiful house in an excellent neighborhood. It will be available in a few weeks. We have given notice here and our landlords are sympathetic.

Everything is so expensive here but I am working long hours to compensate. The kids love the new neighborhood and friends there. Connectivity is an issue and is further delayed by the next move. We have a crappy cell phone but is gets great reception in the new neighborhood too.

I love my job. They are warming to me. I get deep satisfaction working in an industry that is making such a difference for the environment. I miss my kids working such long hours. They are very happy to see me when I get home.

My best friend, "Uncle Matt" is up for a visit. The kids love him. It gives me such pleasure to see them climb all over him.

As of mid January we'll be more stable and connected. Everything is great, different but great. I'll be able to get caught up then.

In the meantime http://harvesthaven.blogspot.com/ is where our Jocelyn and Astrid live. Ianto went to http://jerseyknoll.com

k-)
After The Change, ATC

6 comments:

sheila said...

Sounds exhausting. Hope by the end of Jan it slows down for you all.

Moonwaves said...

Shame that the new neighbourhood doesn't fit but it sounds like you'll be moving to a good place. Better to do it now and be happy than put up with something difficult.

Sounds like things are going well so far. Hope the bumps in the road are more than compensated for by the positives.

Danielle said...

I agree, better now than later. I'm glad there was an option! This is such an exciting adventure!

Ozarkhomesteader said...

I hope you find everything you need in your new digs!

Maple Lawn Farm said...

Thank you for the updates. Thinking of you all.

Tammy

Caroline Morin said...

I wish you a good new home!

I am starting to grasp the stress you were put under as we are currently selling the house and looking for a new place to live: we want Granny to come live with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...