Saturday, September 08, 2007

a sad reason to see favorite relatives

Tabithas aunt Cindy lost her very cool husband the other night to a heart attack. We are driving to Oklahoma tomorrow for the funeral. Our good friends are milking nimue--they learned how to do it this morning. We'll make it up to them somehow.

Charles was a very cool person and perfect for Cindy. I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost Tabitha. Death does weird things. It alters perspective and makes me think about things that I usually avoid. Our mood is very somber. The trip will take it's toll on us financially. I used up our reserve to buy the truck. Things will be tight for a while after this. Money isn't even slightly important compared to being there for Cindy. We have to give our support in person however inadequate it may be in this situation.

It has been raining all day, fitting. The seven hour drive isn't something that I look forward to. We used Tristan's birthday present money from my parents to get him a new game for his Nintendo for the ride. It hasn't really set in that Charles is gone yet.

On a brighter note we are staying with the Gleeson family in Oklahoma City. It promises to be an oasis surrounded by all of this gloom. The kids will love it. They have several children and parent in a similar way to us. I look forward to meeting them in person.

1 comment:

jayedee said...

i'm terribly sorry for your loss and will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers during these next difficult days

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...