Sunday, September 09, 2007

Trip to funeral canceled

After getting the Thompsons to take care of our farm while we were gone. After getting everything ready, kids clothes ready, tabithas clothes ready and my suit ironed and ready we can't go. Our cow is very ill. She has mastitis, needs treatment and monitoring. She is part of our family and could easily get much worse--in a life threatening way. Our family depends on her for so much. She is a huge part of our livelihood. We cannot afford to loose her.

The kids are all worked up to get to meet new friends, the Gleesons. Tabitha and are just sick about not being able to support Cindy in person. What a F'ed up thing to happen. We were literally thirty minutes from leaving. I hope Cindy understands. After all in most peoples eyes it's just a cow. Our cow feeds our kids in a fashion that we could not provide otherwise.

Can you tell that I am in turmoil over this? Heavy sigh..


Anonymous said...


I know exactly how you feel about your cow. Our first family cow got into her grain (our fault) and ate 40-pounds. After a week of trying to bring her 'round, I had to shoot her. It was the hardest thing I've ever done.

the upshot: No more grain, and healthier animals for it. But a hard way to learn that lesson.

Good luck.

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cow being sick ... and your uncle's passing.

It is a hard decision, but I'm sure your Aunt will understand that this is the life you've chosen for yourselves, and as such you have to make sacrifices other people never have to consider.

I wish you all a return to health soon ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...