Friday, January 04, 2008

alien abduction

toly has G.E.R.D.

we spent the day in springfield yesterday. what a fiasco. they put a endoscope up his nose and down his throat. G.E.R.D. is Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and he'll most likely grow out of it. in the mean time we have to treat it with pricey medicine. i am glad to finally know what the deal is and hopefully he can go back to being a happy baby again. it is so hard knowing that he has had this for a while and he was unable to tell us what the trouble was.

these times are the sucky part about being a parent. i guess it can't always be sweet elysium. we got back late--past my bedtime. i am tired this morning. toly was up all night with nightmares--probably something along the lines of an alien abduction.

6 comments:

KnitMoka said...

Poor Toly! I hope he feels better after the medication and that he grows out of it quickly.

sugarcreekfarm said...

Aw, poor little guy. My nephew had the same thing. He grew out of it somewhere between 1 and 2 years old. Closer to 1 than 2, if I remember right.

Omelay said...

man, getting the medicine we needed was a fiasco. medical insurance companies think that they know better than the doctors what is appropriate. money grubbing asses.

toly is on the mend. he is a much more chipper boy this morning.

Christy said...

Poor baby! I hope the medicine works. I think Logan may have have had that as a baby but I'm not sure. I just know he cried for about 5 months when he was a baby. Luckily, it stopped.

Phoebe said...

http://www.pathtofreedom.com/journal/archives/2008/01/100_foot_diet_c.html is unrelated but made me thnk of you.

Phoebe said...

That looked pretty crappy.

Try this instead, and next time I won't assume the commenter will parse my raw URIs into links :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...