Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a little break

tabitha needs a break from the kids by the time i get home from work.

the kids love going to the creek. i piled rocks on either side of the water slide to divert extra water so i could go down it too. the creek is cool and refreshing. it zaps energy from the kids by just maintaining body temperature in the water.

we go to a place called Hulls Ford. it crosses swan creek at a slab crossing then promptly turns into a gravel road. we only spend around an hour there because that is enough. tabitha got a nap along with toly. i got cooled off and the kids had a blast. there are closer and better swimming holes to our house but they are all inaccessible because roads leading to them are under water.

we usually run into some other kids and play a bit but mostly hang together. tristan was jumping off a little rock into the water over at the deeper end. he usually gulps a bit of water but never panics. kassi panics when she gets her face splashed. she'll get over that.

rome is still mommy. i think he wants to wait until tristans birthday so he can ruin his birthday for the next ten or so years. it'll be his first act of aggression.

7 comments:

Kristianna said...

Great post, Karl! Nice to see the photos. I am sure Tabitha's nap was well deserved. I hope it was restful for her. I remember exactly where she is right now. You have almost "caught up" to us...we have five.

Best wishes for Rome's birth to all of you.

K

Ron said...

It sure looks like your kids had a blast! And it sounds like you did. I'm sure Tabitha had a nice break too. Just an hour or so of Abby and I leaving Mel alone transforms her from angry snappy mom to loving doting mom. Amazing. :)

Ron

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks!
Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Beth said...

Gosh, I love creeks. One of the best memories of my childhood was playing in the creek that bordered our property. My sister and I would play "Little House in the Big Woods", of course I was always Laura, and we would go to the creek to wash our dishes and clothes. Of course, we had to actually get in the creek to wash the dishes.;-)

Your kids will remember their visits to the creek for their lifetime.

Glad Tabitha got to rest. Pregnancy is hard at any time of the year but in the summer, it's almost unbearable.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. It's clear, somebody is having a lot of fun.

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

oh boy that looks like fun and so refreshing
Thinking of you Tabitha everyday

love
connie

sugarcreekfarm said...

Your creek looks a little more swimmable than ours. The kids sink up to their boot tops in our creek bottom.

My first baby was a July baby - I feel for Tabitha being oh-so-pregnant this time of year! When we went to the hospital they told me I wasn't very far along and we could go home again for awhile. We didn't have air conditioning at home so I talked them into admitting me :)

Best wishes for bringing Rome into the world, whenever he decides he's ready!

Kelli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...