Friday, June 10, 2005

dewalt radial arm saw

somewhere in time i recall my father telling me that if you endeavour to build a house and were to own only one saw it must be a radial arm saw. well a customer just gave me a 1968 dewalt radial arm saw. this is a gem, there are huge user groups and books published about this no longer manufactured item. i wouldn't be supprised to find a sonnet about it's precision. they re-manufacture these and sell them for thousands of dollars. this one has been dormant in the garage of one of my clients for ten plus years and he gave it to me. i am so excited.


this is what it looks like.

2 comments:

Omelay said...

dewalt deluxe power shop
R-1450 type B
10 inch blade
it can be wired 120 or 240 volts

dating the thing has only been a guess so far but it was manufactured when richmond had a 415 area code instead of the current 510.

Anonymous said...

I have a similar looking saw. The blade changing brake and the flanges inside are broken. Can I fix it? ejmcnaught@msn.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...