Thursday, March 05, 2009

new chicken coop

i got to work an entire day on the new chicken coop. i made some real progress. i had to buy almost all the wood for this project. luckily the local lumber yard is very kind to me. they share their yellow pine lumber with me at below normal lumber cost. their side business is making rafters and they use tons of yellow pine and get incredible deals on it. yellow pine is much stronger than regular lumber that you can get at home depot.

i have all the walls up and half the rafters on. i still need to buy the wood for the other half of the rafters. then we'll put the steel on. i have been saving steel for a long time for this project. it will be very cute once it is finished. the lines are already apparently pleasant.

photos tomorrow.

6 comments:

The Polar Bear said...

can't wait to see it,

white_lilly said...

I'm also looking forward for its unveiling

Lisa said...

Ooh! I can't wait to see the pictures! you always build such creative structures!

Danielle said...

They are and I cannot wait to see what colorful wonders get painted on it!!! I feel like I'm a part of it all!

David said...

cant wait to see it either. I wanted chickens but the city thought differently.

Debra Dotter Blakley said...

Just happened on your blog while looking a picture of new baby chicks to add to mine (we had a massacre last night...sad story). Love your stories. Deb in Oklahoma

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...