Friday, July 13, 2012

A test of faith

So we have been trying to buy this house. It has been one crazy roller coaster. The crazy peaks and unsettling dips seem to get bigger and deeper not closer together like they should. Anyone in the house buying market right now can attest these are crazy times.

I am resigning myself that this is a lesson of the classic Serenity prayer. "May God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference." Boy that prayer is surely a tall order. It is the keynote in all the twelve step programs for good reason.

I have managed to mostly convince myself that I have enough wisdom that us getting into this house is Gods will. So we have been taking several leaps of faith. Our risk is financial and wouldn't ruin us--nearly though. The true ruin would come with the emotional heartbreak if this were to somehow fall through.

We love this house. It would be more perfect than any other house we could afford. We are in the final throws of the battle with lenders, seller and insurances. It is so scary and consumes many of my mental cycles that I have available at any moment.

My only prayer for this is that it is Gods will. The photo shows part of the backyard. Most, if not all, of the concrete would get removed and become garden. The yard is exceptionally large for Berkeley. †

3 comments:

Ron said...

I hope it works out for you, if it is meant to be.

Although... I do wish things had worked out back here, so our families could hang out. :)

Vicki H said...

I will be praying for Gods will and for His hand to begin to move swiftly and start opening doors. Looking forward to more adventures from the O'Melays always indpiring

Woody said...

Certainly my prayers are with you. My short version of the serenity prayer was boiled down to God help me. No petition, praise or deals. Just the heart felt assurance that his will is the way. I have every hope that y'all will find the right home soon.

Peace

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...